Monday, June 30, 2008

Acorns



We hiked West wood Hills the other day with Tristan and Teagan. We had a lot of fun, we were up there almost 3 hours but we made it to the top and everything, I was shocked Payten did the whole thing by herself, i couldn't believe she went that far. Half the time was spent chasing lizards and collecting nuts off the ground. The boys were having fun chasing the lizards and Payten couldn't collect enough of these acorns, or whatever they are. She kept bringing me arm fulls. She was so excited, whenever I'd use a more forceful tone her little arms would move 100 miles a minute to pick up as many as she could really quick then run to me and say she had some more to put in her hat. we'd walk maybe 2 more feet, I'd look to my side to see that Payten wasn't there. I look back and she's hunched down picking up as many as she can, as fast as she can, AGAIN. This process repeated 50 times ( and truly i don't think that's an exaggeration!) haha but it was pretty cute. The funny thing is I was telling Kelly and she said that she used to love to do the same thing. just collect acorns :) no wonder she loves her aunt Kelly so much, kindred spirits

4 comments:

Melissa said...

wow... she is just getting cute and cuter!!

KAPELE KREW said...

That is so Payten. I am so glad we have her!

Unknown said...

I had a friend that used to collect little baby frogs and put them in her pockets as a child. How about doing that laundry?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

love her to see my nuts and play with them