Tuesday, October 28, 2008

THE COOKBOOK!


So the last month I have been spending ALL my spare time in microsoft word. This Project took FOREVER but it is done and I love it! All my recipes used to be in a box with no dividers and i had to flip through 100+ cards everytime i needed a recipe, or my handwritten book that I started back in highschool. I am SO excited to have all my recipes organized, together and in word. I can email quickly or print off whenever anyone wants one or I can find them quickly when wanting to use one!!!! Every section has it's own index and the book has a color coded index for the sections, ahhhh :) love it

4 comments:

The San Diego Mills said...

That is pretty awesome! How long did it end up taking you? I'd like to do something like that too. I have a recipe box with dividers, but that looks much more organized and easy to access. Also, Riley's costume is precious! I love that she's going to be a strawberry, it seems like a fitting costume for either of your girls.

April Kennedy said...

oh yeah...it is awesome...and so cute!

the mrazek family said...

What a great idea. We have a folder of random recipes we like too...lots of loose papers. Be sure to back up your computer though. When ours crashed we lost everything. Grrr...

mills said...

oh yeah, it's all on disk and sending a disk to my mom too! I lost pictures once from a computer crash so my mom pretty much has a copy of our whole computer by now! hahaha just incase our house blows up! :) anyways Melissa, it took about a month of doing it whenever i had a chance, here and there...as far as how many hours..? not really sure but a bit. but SOOOOO worth it now.