Sunday, August 30, 2009

blocks blocks blocks

I LOVE making blocks! they are a super cheap way at making cute house
decorations. Megan and I spend like an hour on the phone together browsing the internet for all these cute blocks we want to make....I think I have like 50 pictures saved on my computer of ones I want haha
We also made this Halloween (I didn't get a picture yet so this is the one we copied :)
I think these flags are adorable too the smaller one on top is the size they had it but then I put it together and wanted bigger...now I like them both and can't decide. oh well

5 comments:

Gma Mills said...

So cute! what a great idea for a Christmas gift! hint, hint.

Megan said...

i love your just be

I Play With Fire said...

ADORABLE!!

The San Diego Mills said...

How would one go about making such blocks? Is that a dumb question? I really like your blocks with the black background. What a cute, crafty lady you are!

mills said...

oh they really are so easy, just get 2x4's or whatever size you want. cut them (with an electric saw, or before we had one I used just a hand saw....that takes a while, tell the husband you need his awesome strength and get him to do it hahaha. then spray paint! If your putting paper on top just use mod podge, paint it on, stick the paper on and use a rolling pin to get all the bubbles out. Letters...I used the cricut to cut them on contact paper but you could really print anything out on the computer and cut it if you don't have a cricut. anyways it really is easy, little time consuming but cheap too. hand cutting letters would take forever probably so let me know what you want and I could drop them in the mail to you or we could do a bunch at thanksgiving...have a craft day :)