Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pack rat Payten



Payten's current hobby is collections. She spends HOURS collecting random things, ex - seeds from flowers on the ground outside! I used to be nervous when I realized how quiet she was but lately she gets really quiet and just goes for the zip lock baggies. I'm constantly calling out to her "only two bags" and she sadly replies "ohhhh kayyyy." Witch a smile I then listen to her putting back the 100+ baggies, one at a time, back in their box. After the clean up she sprints to whatever pile she has decided to collect into a bag and very carefully fills the bag. Here are just a few examples below! these baggies are all over the house and she knows exactly whats in each one and has to bring them all everywhere. she gets so excited to show whoever we're on the way to see, she just knows they HAVE to love her collections as much as she does. Then just when you think she's forgotten about one, and that you can finally get rid of its contents, she goes looking for it and you better know where it is! (and that BETTER NOT be the trash) haha


Payten also LOVES working on things with Dad, she loves fixing her bike and holding the flash light for him when he's working on the car. Really anything that involves tools and flashlights. The funny thing is i remember loving the same thing. I remember watching my dad on boat engines, or cars, he'd always have his oldies but goodies music on, which is probably why i love that music too now. But little girls and there Dads....so dang cute. Daddies little girls will always look up to their dads and KNOW that they are the coolest dads in the world and we will always be so proud of our dads! Yes that means my Dad too. I MISS YOU!

2 comments:

Jonika said...

what a nice free quiet activity for little miss Payten. How fun. I like it when children us their imagination

Lisa Macomber said...

Carla, this is one of the cutest blogs I have seen! Where did you get your background????

Lisa Macomber